Sunday, June 16, 2013

Game 5 NBA Finals and Happy Father's Day Mr. Wade!


Game 5 NBA Finals airs on ABC
The Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs fire up Game 5 tonight with an 8:00 p.m. ET tip off.  Follow the excitement on twitter #NBAFinals @MiamiHEAT and @Spurs.

It is a swing game on the full-court pendulum, and one player for the Heat will probably get some motivation from the Father's Day aspect.  Miami Heat guard, Dwyane Wade wrote a great deal about being a father in his book, A Father First: How my life became bigger than basketball and about his views of being a single parent.

In his memoir Wade writes after a long and sincere fight for custody of his sons:

"My sincere hope is to inspire both fathers and mothers who may feel challenged by single parenthood or by your current situation. I’m really writing for all parents, including those foster parents or relatives who raise kids that may not be biologically their own, as well as coaches, teachers, advocates, and mentors. By investing our love and energy and time in young people and in their development, we change and heal our world."

In my own childhood I was the daughter of single-parent father, and I understand the sacrifice it takes, but I also understand I would not be in the game of life if not for my father.

It is fitting today Dwyane Wade will be playing the game he loves so well, while in his heart he knows being a responsible, loving father is the greater role he has been given.

Happy Father's Day Heat fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment